Thursday, December 16, 2004
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Tuesday, December 14, 2004
Sunday, December 12, 2004
Friday, December 03, 2004
Thursday, December 02, 2004
This is a no-topic post... thus the "relevance to topic" policy is not enforced in this post, yet other commenting policies do apply.
I accept general notes, including but not limited to:
- suggestions, including topic suggestions, links to interesting websites, change of policy suggestions, NPOV replacements to POV, .... etc
- side-notes that are not related to the main topic of one or more posts
- bringing attention to older posts
I accepts complaints, including but not limited to:
- any violations of "no personal attacks" policy. such violations should not be discussed on the main topic's page, but should be complaint for here, otherwise, it is considered a violation of "relevance to topic" policy.
- inaccurate information published
- dead links (so that i might provide alternative locations whenever possible)
- pornographic\offensive material, not properly labeled or viewable without pre-consent of the reader
Note: complaints requesting censorship of objectionable materials will not be processed, unless they violate one of the policies. requests of similar kinds actually violate the "NO Censorship" policy. You have the right to decide what you see, but not the right to decide for others what they can see.
PS: This special purpose area of the blog is subject to periodic cleaning. thus comments might be removed on periodic basis. removal of such comments is for the sole purpose of keeping the list short, with only recent notes. removal of comments is an indication that it was read and considered. Thus removal of comments is not governed by any policies, and removal of comments is not a sign that it violated any policy. This area is not considered a place for discussing topics of interest.
This entry was first published on January 5th, 2006.
Notes to keep in mind while surfing this weblog:
- Since this is a personal weblog, views presented in this weblog ARE NOT necessarily neutral point of view.
- Posts are NOT necessarily politically correct.
- Posts do NOT necessarily represent a worldwide view.
- Posts may include sympathetic point of view as to what I see fit.
- This weblog is NOT to be considered as unbiased journalism space, but rather as a presentation of the point of view of the author.
- The credibility of published info is NOT to be assumed; The reader is both encouraged and responsible for checking validity of claims (read: Doubt: The Reader's Responsibility)
- NO WARNINGS will necessarily exist to identify biased posts. This policy statement is considered as an adequate disclaimer.
This doesn't mean that NPOV isn't used, or not encouraged. NPOV is a positive trait of professional journalism, and actually is a necessity for journalism, and encyclopedic documentations.
If you happen to disagree with the POV presented in any post, you are welcome to comment on that post, provided that you write in accordance with the commenting policy. Opposing POV are always welcome, and your right to present your POV in a civilized manner is reserved.
Another way to deal with some POV is to suggest an alternative NPOV replacement, that provide the same account of knowledge to the original piece. To do this, you can either post your suggested replacement on the topic's page, or place a complaint.
As a reaction to such complaints, I may choose to: (1)commit suggested adjustments, (2)place a POV warning, (3)or just ignore the complaint.
This entry was first published on January 8th, 2006.
Guidelines that I (the author) follow when posting:
I try to follow my commenting policy to avoid double standards thus:
- Most entries will be written in English, so that this blog can be understood by everybody
- Not retract posts once published: Objectionable material will not be withdrawn even under public disapproval
- NO CENSORED MATERIAL. Knowledge is the goal as opposed to uninformative material!
- Avoid personal attacks! Avoid unjustified hate! Avoid senseless material!
- Not post pornographic\offensive materials directly viewable without informative warnings.
- Most (if not all) material I write is copylefted. Again to reserve usability of published information they are freed of proprietary copyright terms.
- I write entries whenever I have material, there is no time basis for posting... I try to maintain a maximum of two weeks idle time between new posts... If you like this weblog I suggest you check it on weekly basis, or through an RSS feed.
- The posting frequency has been reduced dramatically since this policy was first published. In order to maintain the quality of this blog, I publish new posts only when I have material worth posting. For this reason, and RSS feed is the recommended method to follow this blog.
This entry was first published on November 13th, 2005.
Since individuals find it appealing to test their freedom boundaries, I find it essential to make things clear for the curious and the troublesome alike. Freedom is unachievable unless we understand its limitations, and respect the freedom of others; asserting that, allow me to inform you of some simple codes to follow should you desire to comment on entries in this site. I, at all times, reserve the full right, inclusive of and not limited to, deleting comments posted to my blog in conflict with the rules stated as follows.
Relevance to topic:
Comments that are dramatically off-topic will be removed as they could confuse readers. Comments that do not contribute to the discussion of the entries, or to the debates introduced by comments relevant to topic will be removed. If you think your comment doesn't stick to this policy, consider posting it under the notes and complaints section.
Language Policy 1:
Generally speaking offensive words are allowed. All words in the dictionary (or outside the dictionary, if you wish ;) ) are allowed including but not limited to the word 'fuck'. Under no circumstances this entry permits breaking the NO Personal attacks policy. You are permitted the free choice of words to convey your ideas, use that wisely.
Language Policy 2:
Only English please. L33t language is tolerated but not encouraged. Only English fonts are tolerated. Spoken language must be comprehensible English language.
Few exceptions apply: You may write in French and Arabic, on the condition that you provide at least an idea of what the comment is about in English language. For those who choose to use the Arabic language, please avoid using Arabic font, use an alphabet version (eg. keef el-7al?). Any parts written in a language other than English must be clearly identified.
Censorship is discouraged. All information provided in the comments must be clear, EXPLICIT, and unambiguous. Censored materials are not allowed. Please understand that this policy is not contradicting with Language Policy 1, but actually protecting it. Thus 'f***' is NOT a word, 'f***' can be any four lettered word starting with the letter f, given that the English language has 26 letters this word can be any of 26*26*26=17576 possibilities... if it was meant to be the word 'fuck' use it in the EXPLICIT form, and if it was meant to be something else, use that unambiguous form. This policy doesn't only apply to words, but also ideas must be clearly identifiable by any intelligent person without need for pre-knowledge of spoofing techniques. Since anonymity is an issues sometimes, censorship of certain material MIGHT ONLY be overlooked IF it exposes personally identifiable information such as names, emails, and faces in the case of images\videos.
Proper use of commenting space:
Some entries may have the commenting option enabled and others may not. Do not comment on a post using another's commenting space. This is considered as misuse of commenting space, any such comments will be removed.
NO Personal attacks:
Personal attacks against me, my family, friends, or other commentators are not acceptable. Comments of such genres will be removed and the individuals behind them banned. Along the same line is the disclosure of personal information about any individual against their consent including but not limited to me.
Taking the NO Personal attacks policy one step ahead, racism, sexism, and public threats will not be tolerated. Objective, and non-hate motivated statements MIGHT be overlooked. I am sorry to say that this policy in particular will be moderated to my personal judgment as there is no big rule to say on what basis hating people is justified and on which that hate is not justified.
NO Spam, NO Ads:
I have zero-tolerance to bots and\or senseless ads. Only ads relevant to topic MIGHT be overlooked.
In case any pornographic\offensive materials have been relevant to topic and conforms to all other policies, then only one rule applies: they must be clearly labeled as offensive, and NOT directly viewable without the reader's pre-consent. This is regulation is not contradicting with the NO censorship policy since the reader can view all materials published upon consent! So its purpose is to give the reader the choice over materials they view without compromising the explicitness of those materials...
Trackbacks are considered comments and they follow the same rules.
Comments Moderation Strategy:
- Not removing comments adhering to commenting policies (but I reserve the right to), to maintain integrity, and completeness of discussion. A notable exception is the "Notes And Complaints" section.
- I might overlook some violations whenever I see fit, if it contributes positively to the discussion.
- If you feel that some post violates commenting policies and should be removed, please submit a complaint.
- I have no responsibility what-so-ever on comments posted, and although I would read almost all comments posted, such assumptions may not be valid
PS: Parts of this page are copied, and modified from http://tololy.blogspot.com/2005/10/commenting-policy.html after the e-consent of the author.
This entry was first published on November 13th, 2005.
Copyright and usage terms:
A-1- All posts (in all of its electronic and non-electronic forms) and Ideas are copyrighted materials.
A-2- All posts (in all of its electronic and non-electronic forms) and Ideas are copylefted materials.
A-3- All materials existing in this weblog including text, photographs, and all forms of media are not 'ownable' unless indicated otherwise by a direct link or information leading to the original source. The information is provided freely (in both meanings: free of charge, free of restrictions) and will stay so!
A-4- All such copylefts are valid in the past, present and future. This means that in case of change of copyright policy, old materials will belong to the more liberal license terms. Obviously new materials will be treated as copyrighted with the most recent license terms.
A-5- This copyright notice gives you the right to copy, use, modify, analyze, derive, and re-distribute the material falling under the terms of this license without prior notice. This copyright notice forbids you to re-distribute such material under different license terms, and you may NOT re-brand the material under any non-free license. Including such material under proprietary licenses, and semi-free licenses are strictly forbidden without prior approval (plus some conditions might apply).
A-6- Note that some parts are copyrighted under different terms. These parts will be clearly labeled. Any parts referred to some source are automatically entitled under the terms of original author.
A-7- These terms apply to all variations and derivations of this copylefted materials.
The author grants access to this weblog and all its content provided such access does not violate the terms explained above. All parties wishing to quote, use, or republish any texts or photographs or other media in any form and for any purpose existing in this weblog should in turn freely supply the material or any derived form of it under a free copylefted license. An expressed written authorization granted by the author via email or letter is needed to use any materials posted on weblog under any other license terms.
If you do not understand the meaning of copylefted materials, and\or free licenses please consider visiting:
A Quick Definition of Copylefting is:
Copyleft is a general method for making a program or other work free, and requiring all modified and extended versions of the program to be free as well.
To copyleft a program, we first state that it is copyrighted; then we add distribution terms, which are a legal instrument that gives everyone the rights to use, modify, and redistribute the program's code or any program derived from it but only if the distribution terms are unchanged. Thus, the code and the freedoms become legally inseparable.
Proprietary software developers use copyright to take away the users' freedom; we use copyright to guarantee their freedom. That's why we reverse the name, changing ``copyright'' into ``copyleft.''
Relating to the source of copylefted materials is not always obligatory, and it's not in this case. Yet it is flattering to see properly related materials being used. Relating to source is completely optional but encouraged.
PS: Parts of this page are copied, and modified from http://tololy.blogspot.com/2005/09/copyright-notice.html after the e-consent of the author.
This entry was first published on November 13th, 2005.